- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
- Our Retention of Your Personal Data
- Your Choices and Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
- Third Party Links
- International Transfer
- How We Protect Personal Data
- "Do Not Track" Signals
- Applicable Law
- European Users’ Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live. Learn more about our data transfer operations in the "International Transfer" section below. If you do not agree to the transfer, storage and use of your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate, please do not use the Sites or Services.
Please note that members of the Marriott Group, which includes Marriott International, Inc., Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC and their affiliates, do not control our Sites and are not responsible for the contents, privacy policies or other practices of our Sites.
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), please also see the section below regarding your California Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EU, please see the section below on EU specific rights.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal data, to provide better Services to all our users. We use the term "personal data" to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of personal data include: full name, home address, email address, date of birth, digital identity, such as a login name or handle, information about your device, payment data, and certain metadata.
The Company may collect and use sensitive personal data relating to special accommodation requests, such as a request for an ADA accessible guest room. Otherwise, the Company does not intentionally collect or use sensitive personal data and asks that you do not provide sensitive personal data to us.
Type of Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect or you may provide the following personal data in connection with your use of the Sites or Services:
- personal or work contact information, including your name, your employer’s name, billing address, email address, and phone number
- personal characteristics, such as gender, date of birth, title, and nationality
- passport number and date and place of issue
- travel history, booking, stay or purchase history
- payment information, such as your payment card number, authentication information, expiration date, and card verification value ("CVV") and other
- billing and account details associated with your payment card
- guest preferences
- marketing and communication preferences
- sensitive personal data relating to special accommodation requests
- reviews and opinions
- frequent flyer or similar membership program number and related information
- information provided on membership and account
- applications user name and/or password when you create or use a user account
- information about your use of the Sites and Services
- Statistical Data. To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third party processes data on behalf of that service. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your city and/or country which you are located
- Your operating system version • Your browser version
- The pages you visit within the Site
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We may collect and you may provide personal data in the following ways. We may collect and you may provide your personal data online via the Sites, and offline through channels other than the Sites, including via your use of the Services:
Information Obtained from You
- When you submit or provide non-electronic registration information or documents, speak with us by phone, or send an email.
- When you make online reservations, participate in membership or loyalty programs, contests, sweepstakes, or marketing programs, subscribe to our newsletters, emails, special offers, request proposals or sign up for events.
- When you contact us with a question or concern, or to report a problem.
- When you use site-specific mobile applications or internet-connected devices available in our properties, such as a smart home assistant.
Information You Give to Our Business Partners
- We may also collect your personal data from associated hotel brands, resorts and hospitality companies. For example, a hotel company may share with us your personal data and other data used for making a reservation at a hotel property owned or managed by us to fulfill and complete your reservation and/or provide Services.
- We may collect your personal data from companies with whom we partner to provide you with goods, services or offers related to your stays at properties owned or managed by us or that we believe might interest you (“Strategic Business Partners”). Examples of Strategic Business Partners include on-property outlets, travel booking platforms and tour companies.
Information Obtained from Your Use of the Sites
- When you utilize Site interactive and social features to submit content and communicate with other users, you may provide personal data to us. Please note that your postings in these areas of the Sites may be publicly accessible or accessible to other users.
- When you upload documents or complete forms on the Site, we may collect the information contained in those documents/forms.
Information Obtained from Cookies and Similar Technologies
- We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit or use one of our Sites or Services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third party advertising and analytics partners include Google and similar partners. You can learn about Google’s practices and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Clickstream Data. Clickstream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Sites. Clickstream data may include information such as the page served, the time spent viewing the page, source of the request, type of browser making the request, the preceding page viewed and similar information.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data for the analytics purposes and functions described above. How We Use Information We Collect
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your personal data in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following business or commercial purposes:
1. To inform you about Services you request, including:
- To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or pre-arrival messages
- To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your room is available and provide you with related customer service
- To respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests To support our electronic receipt program
- To manage our contractual relationship with you To contact you with respect to any billing inquires
- To personalize your experience on the Sites and with the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
2. To authorize access to our Sites and Services;
3. To provide you with Services and products, including to customize your experience according to your personal preferences and to present offers tailored to your personal preferences;
4. To offer and administer customer loyalty and other programs;
5. To administer content, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, voting polls or other Site features;
6. To communicate about, and administer your participation in, special programs and offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys, and to deliver pertinent emails;
7. For our business purposes such as payment processing and financial account management; product/service development; contract management; IT and website administration and security; fulfillment; analytics; fraud prevention; corporate governance; reporting and legal compliance; data analysis; audits; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities;
8. To improve our customer service;
9. To respond to and support users regarding their use of the Sites and Services;
10. To comply with all applicable legal requirements;
12. For our research and development efforts. We may use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the Services and products we provide to you.
13. To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products and services we offer.
14. For advertising. We may show you ads on the Site using data from advertising technologies on the Site such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, device identifiers; or information from advertising partners.